Tuesday, April 19, 2011

March 31st Blog. . . um. . .opps

Katherine, Corey and Manny. These are my 3 roomies. I took this photo right before they took off for Texas. I think it's a great family portrait.

My Brother Seth, and Smoke. I think this image says a lot about who they are. . . 

Katherine at a restaurant. . . I guess you know when you're a documentary photography when you feel like a creepy stalker half the time. 

Madness. People dancing at Cervantes. Everyone is experiencing something different. . . yet they are all in the same place. 

"The camera is an active mass tool of representation is a vehicle for documenting one's conditions (of living, working and sociality; for creating alternative representations of oneself and one's sex, class, age-group, race, etc; of gaining power of analysis and visual literacy) over one's image; of representing arguments and demands; of stimulating action; of experiencing visual pleasure as a producer, not a consumer of images; of relating to, by objectifying, one's personal and political environment." (Slater 1983: 246) pg. 108 I chose this paragraph because I relate to it with my style. I consider myself a documentary photographer and it has always helped me to gain a better understanding as to who i am as an artist and as a person. It is the most for filling experience I have ever had because it is so personal yet so many people can relate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment