Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 14th Blog. . . fashionably late. . .


http://www.crackerfarm.com/portfolio1/fashion/content/CF_STAR_SHOT_03_238_large.html

I chose this piece because it is encompassing a world that is fantasy and perhaps reality as well. I can relate to this piece because I too deal with fantasy worlds within my artwork. The following images are of sculptures that I have made and photographed. I think they make more interesting photos than sculptures which is interesting. I am trying to find meaning through art I create out of pure serendipity.  Debord believes that it is up to the artists to create a world that makes us think and evolve through communication (through the use of art) "Debord's key argument is that ordinary people as spectators of spectacle remain passive, uncreative and therefore powerless in the running of society." (Pg. 208 2nd para)



No comments:

Post a Comment